Saturday, September 8, 2007

Malaysian Teachers Aren't That Bad

Time for a little humour break, if you'd please. Hannah recounts a particularly...funny incident in her class. If I may quote her:

The latest joke in 1 H has officially been created by none other than our teacher... Mr. Salted Egg (I'll save his pride.. I won't embarrass him). We were learning about polygons. So he devised the LAMEST way to remember them. And it only works if you have bad English like him. It went like this (I purposely wrote it in his retarded English grammar)

SE : Okay today we learning about polygons. Cikgu ada cara nak remember.

1 H: (bored)

SE : First saya doing work with my PEN (pentagon) and I eating a HEX (supposed to be Hacks! Hexagon) sweet. Lepas tu I tercekik kat Hex sweet tu. So I shout HEP! HEP! (supposed to be ''help'' Heptagon) sebab saya ada OTAK (octagon)...

1H: (Laughing and ROFLing. Salted Egg thinks we're laughing ços it's really funny. But actually we're just laughing ços it's FREAKIN lame. xP)Okay, how lame can anyone get?! Even my mom thought it was lame. And he was grinning like mad, showing off his PEN, HEX, HEP and OTAK. (He pronounces ''octagon'' as ''otagon''.) Well, at least he achieved his objective. I certainly will NOT forget any of the polygons he taught us. Cos I have an OTAK.
Kudos to the teacher for his creativity but rotten (salted?) eggs for being so lame, as it were.

4 comments:

David BC Tan said...

so, if it helps you remember - which is the point innit? Lots of memeory tools are 'lame' because the tools aren't the point in themselves...

ethan said...

Yes, but Malaysian teachers aren't that good either.

David BC Tan said...

that's quite unfair. every profession has good and bad eggs. to dismiss everyone so callously is uncalled for.

Darren said...

it's true that malaysian teachers aren't that bad, but when the 'bad' teachers come, it's really an understatement sometimes. for example, throughout my schooling years, i amused myself in class by counting the grammar mistakes my english teachers make. that is still acceptable. but what is not acceptable is when there are teachers teaching english when they themselves cannot even construct a proper sentence!